AMC Internship Opportunities
The State of Arizona Office of the Governor, Arizona-Mexico Commission (AMC) seeks a highly motivated self-starter looking for international internship experience in the public, private and nonprofit sectors.
Gain valuable experience by:
- Assisting the AMC staff with day-to-day operations and events
- Assisting with content creation and updating of the AMC’s website
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the AMC’s presence in social media
- Assisting with the creation of content and overall development of the Catalyst, the AMC’s semi-annual publication
- Helping with the marketing of the AMC to businesses and individuals throughout Arizona
- Assisting with the planning of events and meetings for the AMC and the Office of the Governor
- Developing a marketing plan to increase student membership from Arizona’s public universities
- Drafting correspondence on behalf of the AMC to local and foreign officials
- Helping public and private leaders in Arizona successfully execute binational projects and initiatives
- Four-year university student in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree or recent graduate
- Availability to work 15-20 hours per week
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to work additional hours when necessary
- Professional demeanor and appearance (business attire) – ability to work with high profile individuals
- Ability to undertake occasional in-state and possible international travel
- Fluency in Spanish and translating skills (preferred, but not required)
- Self-starter with minimum supervision
- Preferred majors include: Communication, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations/Global Studies, Non-Profit Management, Marketing (other majors will be considered who demonstrate significant professional/leadership experience)
Compensation includes academic credit and a stipend of $500.
How to Apply
Please complete the form and submit your cover letter and resume by uploading them below.
If you have any questions, please call 602-542-1287.